Thursday 1 September 2011

I love you Stinky Face

Your dad and I pile into your room every night to read you a book before bed. You usually pick your dad to read and me to sit at the foot of your bed to listen to the story. We always let you pick your book, between a few options. It's one of my favourite times of day. Your brother is down for the night in his crib, the house is otherwise quiet, and you're cuddled up beside your daddy in bed as we all listen to him read the night's story.

There are other books that have made their way through your roster. Your daddy has a rule. A book gets three shots at being picked, before it gets retired. Sometimes you pick one book one night, and one book the next. But sometimes you pick the same book, night after night, for a week. I always find it funny to see which books you settle on.

Goodnight Moon, the consummate children's book, has never been a favourite of yours.  The books that have been long-term favourites, though, were picked over and over, and even when they found their way kicked from the roster, they somehow managed to squeeze back in there when you've seen them sitting on your bedside table.

Some of your recent favourites include Huggle Buggle Bear, a book purchased for you by our good friends Mark and Susan, I love you Stinky Face, a book given to you by your Auntie Stephanie, Uncle David and Cousin Noa, Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball, and, your current favourite, Everyone Poops. Yup, Everyone Poops. Not only do you pick that book every night, you also insist your daddy read it to you, over and over and over again. 

Reading time is one of my favourite times of day with you and one I really cherish. I love the quiet time that you, your daddy and I share in your room every night before you go to sleep.  






No comments:

Post a Comment